I began practicing psychotherapy in 2011 after finishing a Masters in Clinical Psychology at Antioch University, Los Angeles. As an intern, I had the opportunity to work with many diverse cultures, age groups, and socio-economic levels whom all experienced episodes of abuse, neglect, and adversity that affected them negatively. I learned from them how to listen with empathy and respect their challenging life stories. Through careful, compassionate listening, I witnessed that acute symptoms of anxiety is calmed and inner strength is fostered even when the wounds of neglect and abuse have hit the core.
I specialize in working with individuals and couples; many of whom consider themselves part of the LGBTQ community struggling with a variety of tribulations including life transitions, strong emotions of anxiety and/or anger, trauma, spirituality, and grief/bereavement.
My psychotherapy approach is collaborative, integrative and holistic. This means we will explore bio-psycho-social-spiritual values, beliefs, and thoughts developed from past experiences that influence present day thoughts, feelings, relationships, and self-esteem.
My ten years in the government and private sectors of information technology have familiarized me with military and civilian families that are either prospering or transitioning from military life to civilian life.
Sex Therapy for Couples and Individuals
As a sex-positive psychotherapist, I am committed to exploring with you any trauma or shame that resides around your sexuality and integrating those feelings into your values so that you feel safe, secure, and comfortable to fully express your individual fingerprint of sexuality. My experience as a certified couples counselor and sex therapist allows me the opportunity to explore with couples so that they can co-create and define their relationship(s), marriage, separation, and/or divorce.
Education and Training
• American Association of Couples and Sex Therapists (AACAST)
Couples Counseling and Sex Therapy Certification
• Mindfulness and Trauma by InsightLA (www.insightLA.org)
• Theory, Tools to Enhance Client Healing & Therapist Self-Care Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma IVAT) Conference (www.ivatcenters.org)
• Helping Our Hero’s and their Families Conference (Miramar Marine Corp Base, San Diego)
• The Coaches Training Institute
Co-Active Coaching Certification
• Antioch University
Masters of Art in Clinical Psychology
• James Madison University
Bachelor of Science in Dietetics/Nutrition
• Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC96155)
• Certified in Inter-Analytic Couples and Sex Therapy by AACAST (www.aacast.net)
• American Association of Couples and Sex Therapists (www.AACAST.net)
• Group Psychotherapy Association of Los Angeles (www.GPALA.org)
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (www.CAMFT.org)
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist LA Chapter (www.LACAMFT.org)
• Open Paths Counseling Center
Trained in the treatment of general mental health issues including but not limited to depression, alcohol/drug abuse, and relationship issues with a diverse population.
Trained as a Resident Associate at a peer-to-peer suicide hotline to monitor and ensure safety of hotline callers and adolescent volunteers.
• The Transpersonal Counseling Center
Trained in the treatment of general mental health issues including substance abuse, couples counseling, and spirituality with a varied populace.
I am a life-long student and continue to enrich and expand my experience by continuing my education, receiving weekly consultation and reading about emerging theories, techniques, and philosophies in the field of psychology, sexuality, spirituality, metaphysics, and eastern/western philosophy.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-502-4944. Leave a message and I will respond within 24 hours.